Share Savings Account
In order to be considered a member of St. Jules Credit Union, you must open a Share (saving) Account. Opening a Share Account and maintaining a balance of at least $5.00 will allow you to have access to all credit union services and discount offerings at St. Jules Credit Union.
- Savings Account - We encourage you to SAVE for your Goals (Down Payment on a House or Car, and etc.), for the Unexpected (Loss of a Job, Medical, and etc.), and for your Future (Children, Education, Retirement, and etc.).
NCUA Insurance: Member shares (savings) are federally insured to the maximum of $250,000.00 per depositor and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government.
Rate and Fees: Please refer to the RATES tab to review the dividend rate & Fee Schedule tab to review the fees associated with the Share Savings Accounts.
Other Terms & Conditions:
*Truth-In-Savings Disclosures are available per request at any time, and are also provided when opening your account with St. Jules Credit Union.
Share Savings Disclosures:
- Rate Information: The Annual Percentage Yield (APY) is a percentage rate that reflects the total amount of dividends to be paid on the account based on the dividend rate and frequency of compounding for an annual period. For all accounts, the Dividend Rate and Annual Percentage Yield may change monthly as determined by St. Jules Credit Union’s Board of Directors.
- Dividend Compounding and Crediting: The compounding of dividends for Share savings Account, occurs quarterly. The dividend period for Share Savings Account begins on the first calendar day of each quarter and ends on the last calendar day of the quarter. Account statements are then printed and mailed following these quarter ending dividend posting months.
- Accrual of Dividends: For Share Savings Accounts dividends will begin to accrue on non-cash deposits (e.g. checks) on the business day you make the deposit to your account. For all accounts, if you close your account before accrued dividends are credited; accrued dividends will not be paid.
- Balance Information: Share Savings Account requires a minimum opening deposit of $5.00. For all accounts there is a $25.00 minimum average daily balance required to obtain the state Annual Percentage Yield for the dividend period.